Sunday, July 15, 2007

Went to see John Mayer again last night...

Here is my review of the show. First guy up...Brett Dineen. Ok, I guess. Not my gig. Second guy up...Ben Folds. He has a huge fan base, of which I am officially not a member. Had I not known that John Mayer would soon follow Ben Folds, I would have considered rupturing my own ear drums. And last but by no means least, John Mayer. He made reference to the fact that last summer he cancelled his portion of the show (I ended up just seeing Sheryl Crow) due to sickness and told last night's audience that since he needed to make it up to us, he was going to "play his ass off for us". And that he did. I will readily admit that I find him dreamy, but holy crap can he play the guitar. I counted no fewer than 7 different guitars that he played. And I have also come to the realization that I am old and that perhaps lawn seats at the Meadows aren't for me anymore. If I could have figured out a way to do it without getting hurt, I might have tried to figure out a way to punch the 25ish "kids" in front of me that were drunk and high. I actually saw a boy and a girl get into a physical fight. Not exactly what I was looking for in the way of entertainment....

Anyway, BlackBerry is the sponsor of the summer tour and I geekily sent messages from mine to a few folks...can't help myself sometimes. Here is a link to John Mayer's BlackBerry page...http://www.blackberry.com/select/johnmayer/

No comments: