Saturday, June 26, 2010

Vacation...day one

This is a journey we are on.  Its an 8 or 9 hour trek to the homeland and me+ave+jack+9 hours in the car at once=disaster.  So we are splitting the trip up into 2 days.  Currently, we are in South Portland in an extremely lame Days Inn near the equally lame Maine Mall.  However, one mom's lame, is a kids perfectly awesome.  Pool?  Check.  Vending machines?  Check.  Cable?  Check.  That's all they care about.   We stopped at the Kittery Trading Post, and I managed to find my way back to a beach in Wells that I hadn't been to in easily 12 years...
First...this was at 6:53 in the morning.  That is the closest to the Jack Griswold school of travel that we could get to...plus since we weren't going the whole way to Machias today anyway, if we left at 3:00am, we would have gotten to Portland about 6:30 am and THEN what the heck would we have done?  So this worked....

Then...Kittery Trading Post: 
Then...Wells.  Can I just say that I specifically went to this beach because there was a takeout place I used to go to that has FANTASTIC fish and chips, and I really, really wanted some...and we got there and THEY WERE OUT.  I'm sorry, what?  Out?  And then one of the ladies was mean to us.  Sigh.  Here's the beach:


Then we made our way to the lovely city of South Portland, where we are currently settled in for the night.  Here's the kids at the pool...(ps.  we came all the way to Maine and ate at....On the Border)

More tomorrow. Pray for sunshine.

No comments: