Monday, March 26, 2007

Funny Avery story

Apparently it is all the rage in preschool to determine who you are going to marry early. You know, get a head start on things. And my Avery is no exception. Last week she told me that she had two boys that she wanted to marry, and it seems they returned the sentiment. "Mommy, I want to marry both Aiden and Nolan and they both want to marry me". Great news! Two suitors from which to choose. I could sleep more soundly knowing that my 5 year old had her future under control.

Next night. "Hey Mommy. Remember how I told you that both Aiden and Nolan wanted to marry me and I wanted to marry them"? How could I forget? "Well, I broke up with Nolan". "Avery Rose, where did you learn that term"? "I don't know, I think I heard Alou say it once" "Well what did you say to Nolan"? "I said "Nolan, I want to break up with you"". "And what did he say"? "He said "That's okay, I don't want to marry you anymore anyway". "Ave, did this make you sad"? "NO! I have Aiden to marry". "Ave, what is it about Aiden that makes you want to marry him"? "Wellllllllll, he's kind of cute and he wants to marry ME"!

I am happy to report that I am raising a very sensible young girl.

No comments: