Monday, August 20, 2007

Vacation Day One!






First, these pictures represent our attempt to follow the Jack Griswold school of vacation travel rules...translated for those of you who didn't know him... means to get up really early, haul your kids out of bed, put them in their car seats and hopefully they stay asleep for most of the drive. The trick is to time it so you put them in their seats and go...not put them in their seats and then go back in the house to get some more stuff. They will wake up every time...still getting us out of the house at 6:00 am is a miracle, so I will take that small victory.


We got to the house in Newburyport about 9:30. This is the view from the 3rd floor deck. Not too shabby.

We had some time to kill before we could hang out (we got here so early, the house hadn't been cleaned yet), so we went to Gloucester to a summer festival. This is where the day got interesting. We were driving along and Dan was singing a song about how I was cranky because I was hungry and the song said something about me needing a hot dog, which eventually turned in to me needing a wiener (classy, I know) and out of Avery's mouth comes "I know what wiener is another word for...it means penis" After the shock wore off, and we stopped laughing, we asked her where she learned it...she looked at me and very matter of factly said "camp" There is money well spent, folks.

No comments: