Monday, August 20, 2007

Vacation Day Three!




Holy cow. Day three already? This is going by too fast. Woke up to a bright sunshiny day today, so it was out on to the beach we went first thing for another walk. Honestly, I could walk for hours by the water...and I guess the past couple of days we have!

There just aren't that many people here this week-at least not out on the beach. Maybe everyone is school shopping. We did some shopping of our own today. Downtown Newburyport is a very quaint little place with lots of fancy schmancy shops as well as a lot of fun restaurants. Shirley and I got ice cream at 11:01 this morning when Gram's Ice Cream opened. And then we had it again after lunch. Whatever...we have walked for miles already this week. Plus, you just don't see peach ice cream all that often. Now I am sitting on the loveseat that is the kitchen nook, everyone else is upstairs being quiet (a freaking miracle, if you ask me), and I am writing this and having a drink that I think I will name the Newburyport Sunset (ginger ale, orange/pineapple/banana juice and pear Absolute). Life is good.

No comments: