Friday, October 9, 2009

Here's an update on our little world

If you decided to come here to read this because you got an email from me then you know that Dan and I are splitting up. Hardest decision I have ever had to be a part of, but I know it will work out for the best in the end. I have moved into the second floor apartment of my sister Jackie's house in Springfield and am trying to figure out how to live on my own. Here are some things I have learned over the past few weeks:

1. The apartment was so dirty that it took my friend Jen 2 full days to just get the kitchen and bathroom clean. I owe her so very much for that-I don't think there are enough rounds of drinks in the world to repay her. She got sick after helping, and I will always think that it was the chemical fumes that she ingested while trying to clean the stove.

2. I have killed a hornet in the bathroom, cleaned up cat vomit and ventured into the scary basement (sorry, sis...it is scary) to do laundry. But I lived.

3. Paint and pretty paintings can do wonders for a tired apartment (and a tired me)

4. I have a sh*tload of books. All kinds of books. And what I have here has been weeded through twice in the past year. I guess buying books is better than buying crack, right?

5. Jackie put flowers on my dining room table last weekend and they were so beautiful that I am going to buy flowers for the apartment every week.

6. Kids can be really mean when they are hurting. But they can also be very brave.

More to come

No comments: