Saturday, October 31, 2009

Waste not, want not

This is what my life has become. Its actually sort of what I have wanted for awhile, but I didn't know how to get there. Being on my own and being responsible for me and the kids is a whole new ballgame but I am okay with it. I don't seem to want as much stuff-I don't need it. I had an extra paintbrush that I didn't use to paint the apartment so I returned it to Home Depot and bought curtain rods for the bedrooms. Before I probably would have just hung on to it-I mean who knows when I would repaint a room, right? Don't get me wrong, Jack didn't need the grey hightops I bought him today, but I wanted to buy them to make him happy-not me. I was originally feeling a little lame sitting here by myself on a Saturday night catching up on some of my shows while the world outside was trick or treating...but I am lucky. Its quiet, we had a victory with Jack trick or treating tonight, and both my kids told me they loved me. Life is good.

No comments: